1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing and the company data protection officer
Inter-Connect Marketing, Consulting & Representation Services GmbH
The external Data Protection Officer Stefan Haugg can be contacted using
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +49 821 570 877 92
2. Collection and storage of personal data, how these data are used and for what purpose
a) When visiting the website
When you open our website www.inter-connect-marketing.de, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is saved temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without you having to take any action and saved until it is deleted automatically:
- IP address
- Date and time of query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (actual page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred
- Website from which the request arrived
- Browser type and version
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- Name of opened website
- Report of successful opening
These data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the connection to the website is established smoothly,
- To ensure that our website is easy to use,
- To evaluate system security and stability and
- For other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing these data is provided by Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the German General Data Protection Regulation [DSGVO]. Our justified interest is shown from the purposes for data collection listed above. We never use the data we collect for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) If you register for our newsletter
By giving your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter in which we tell you about current offers in which you may be interested. The goods and services purchased are listed in the declaration of consent.
We use the so-called double opt-in method for registering for our newsletter. This means that after your registration, we send you an email to the registered email address in which we ask you for confirmation that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and deleted automatically after one month. Furthermore, we save your IP addresses and the times of the registration and confirmation. The aim of this is to verify your registration and enable any possible abuse of your personal data to be investigated.
The mandatory information we require to send you the newsletter is your email address and your forename and surname. If we receive your confirmation, we save your email address and your forename and surname so that we can send you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a of the DSGVO.
You can cancel your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can cancel by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details listed in the legal information.
c) If you use our contact form/callback form
In the event that you have questions of any type, we offer you the facility to contact us using a form available on the website. If you complete this form, you must enter a valid email address so that we know who has sent us the query so that we can reply to it. Other details can be provided on a voluntary basis.
Data processing for the purposes of making contact with us takes place as described in Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a of the DSGVO on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for using the contact form will be automatically deleted after we have dealt with your query.
d) If you use our form to register for a tour of a ship
We are delighted to offer you the opportunity to book a tour of a ship using the form provided on the website. To do so, you must enter your title, forename and surname, street/house number, postcode, town, country, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, nationality, passport number, date of birth, date of issue, valid until date and place of issue so that we know who has sent us the query so that we can reply to it. These data are specified by shipping companies for security reasons. Other details can be provided on a voluntary basis.
Data processing for the purposes of requesting a tour of a ship with us takes place as described in Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a of the DSGVO on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for using the query form will be automatically deleted after we have dealt with your query.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties other than for the reasons listed below.
We only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- It is permitted under law and required under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter b of the DSGVO for completing contracts with you,
- In the event that there is a statutory obligation to disclose the data under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter c of the DSGVO,
- Disclosure under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the DSGVO is required to lodge, exercise or defend legal claims and there are no grounds to assume that you have a primary interest in the non-disclosure of your data which merits protection, or
- You have declared your express consent under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a of the DSGVO.
4. Unsolicited applications
You are welcome to send us unsolicited applications. Please ensure that you use the requisite level of security when selecting the method of transmission to us. Sending an email without suitable encryption is not recommended since your data can be read and used by unauthorised persons without any great effort en route. If you wish to send us an encrypted email with your application documents, please only use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cookie contains information generated on the basis of the specific device used. This does not mean, however, that we obtain any direct information about your identity.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to improve user-friendliness. These are saved on your device for a specific, defined period of time. If you revisit our site to use our services, the system will automatically detect that you have already been to the site and what entries and settings you made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the specified purposes of maintaining our justified interests and those of third parties under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are saved to your computer or a prompt will appear every time before a new cookie is generated. However, completely disabling cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
Additional cookie use:
We also use third party cookies (cookies from the following third party providers) for the purposes of advertising:
- Link to additional information
6. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the DSGVO. The tracking measures we use are designed to ensure that our website is fit for purpose and can undergo continuous improvement. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to record the statistics about the use of our website and to evaluate the improvement of our offering for you. These interests are regarded as justified in the sense of the regulation named above.
The relevant data processing purposes and data categories are shown in the various tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purposes of ensuring that our website is fit for purpose and can undergo continuous improvement, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter known as “Google”). Pseudonymised user profiles are created in this respect and cookies (see No. 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the site you visited previously),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server query,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA where it is saved. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services linked to website use and internet use for the purposes of market research and ensuring that these websites are fit for use. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if the third parties have been engaged to process the data. In no circumstances will your IP address be combined with other data by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that they cannot be identified (IP masking).
You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software, however please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
You may also prevent the data generated by the cookie and relating to your website use (including your IP address) and this data being processed by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent recording by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie which prevents the future recording of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and will be filed on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to reset the opt-out cookie.
Further information about data protection relating to Google Analytics is available in the Google Analytics help section
c) Google Adwords conversion tracking
We also use Google conversion tracking to record the statistics relating to the use of our website and to improve our website for you. This means that Google Adwords sets a cookie (see number 5) on your computer if you navigated to our website from a Google advertisement.
These cookies become invalid after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the website of the Adwords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can detect that the user has clicked on the advertisement and has been forwarded to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be traced using the websites of Adwords customers. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have decided to use conversion tracking. Adwords customers are notified of the total number of users who have clicked on the advertisement and have been forwarded to the page featuring a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information which enables them to identify users in person.
7. Data subject rights
You have the following rights:
- Under Art. 15 of the DSGVO, you can request information about your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to correct, delete, restrict processing or object, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data if they were not collected from our site and the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- Under Art. 16 of the DSGVO, to request the immediate correction of incorrect or the completion of your personal data we have saved;
- Under Art. 17 of the DSGVO, to request the deletion of your personal data we have saved unless its processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information to meet a legal obligation, public interest or to lodge, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Under Art. 18 of the DSGVO, to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data if you dispute that the data is correct or its processing is illegal but you refuse its deletion and we no longer require the data but you require it to lodge, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to its processing under Art. 21 of the DSGVO;
- Under Art. 20 of the DSGVO, to request your personal data which you have made available to us in a structured, conventional, machine-readable format or for the data to be sent to another responsible party;
- Under Art. 7 para. 3 of the DSGVO, to revoke the consent you have issued to us at any time. This will mean that we must no longer continue with the data processing work based on this consent in the future and
- Under Art. 77 of the DSGVO, complain to a supervisory authority. Generally, for this purpose, you can contact the supervisory authority in force at your normal place of residence or employment or our registered office.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of justified interests as described in Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the DSGVO, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data under Art. 21 of the DSGVO if you do so for reasons resulting from your specific situation or your objection is against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which will be implemented by us without you having to quote a specific situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
9. Data security
During your website visit, we use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method together with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. Generally, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can detect whether a specific page on our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed image of the key or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or malicious manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction and to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are improved on an ongoing basis as technological development advances.